Sunday, February 24, 2013

It's sweater love


Uhhh, not sure what's with the look on my face...
I cast on for Nanook (Rav link) on Boxing Day and wore it for the first time this week -- I love it!   The fit is great and the yarn so soft and drapey. I used Cephalopod Yarns in their Traveller Base in the Stranger's Home, AK colourway.  A little tidbit about me -- I love purple.  It's the first colour I reach for in a yarn store, so at Rhinebeck when I saw this colour in the Cephalopod booth, I knew I had to have it.  There was only one skein, but one of the workers in the booth was awesome and managed to track down another 3 for me.  This colour has lots of depth, with areas that are almost black and then pops of blue every once in awhile.  I alternated skeins to make sure there was no obvious colour transition and to reduce pooling.  Really, I can't say enough good things about this yarn -- it will be on my list again for Rhinebeck next year too.

  

The pattern itself is equally as fantastic.  I love that Heidi (the designer) has you do the sleeves immediately after the yoke -- it helps to prevent second sleeve syndrome.  The only modification I made was to make the sweater significantly longer.  I have a long torso, so as a rule of thumb always add a minimum 1" to patterns, but in this case I also wanted to make sure to use all of my pretty yarn:)

Thanks Cephalopod and Heidi!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment