Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Stitching Heaven

While in Toronto, my boyfriend, MrG, earned the badge of being the best boyfriend EVER by going shopping with me.  And I'm not talking clothes shopping, I'm talking fabric and yarn.  Oh yes my friends -- and he didn't complain once.  Not while I was humming and hawing and searching for the perfect shade of mustard fabric, not while I was trying to match Noro dyelots and not while I touched every single thing I could in the Purple Purl. 

Here we are at The Wool House, where I got some delicious mustard yellow wool crepe.  It will be a simple A-line or pencil skirt. My initial pick was some sort of soft and gorgeous rare cashmere that cost upwards of $200/m (and made the owner laugh when I picked it up and exclaimed "I found it!").  Sh*t I have expensive taste.  



After The Wool House, we made our way back down Queen Street where we hit up Americo and I got a button made out of an avocado pit for my For Good hat and then a button store where I stocked up on some buttons for upcoming sweaters.  I went full on 80s with neon yellow, orange and blue. Then we hopped on the street car and headed to  The Purple Purl.  Here I am collecting some Noro for a Lanesplitter skirt and MrG got some Tanis Fiber Arts DK for his first ever scarf.  Yes, ladies, he's learning to knit (and he's quite good!). And, yes, I'm keeping him:)  



The best day ever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment