Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Rhinebeck

This was my first time ever going to Rhinebeck and it certainly won't be the last!  It was everything I hoped it would be and I can't begin to describe how wonderful it feels to hang out with people who are as passionate and interested in your craft as you are.  I really felt "at home".  We hit every Target we could find on the way down (Targets, although on their way, aren't in Canada yet) and I got some great flannel from JoAnn's for pj pants. 

We only went on the Saturday, but it was plenty and we were all pooped by the time we left at 5:00. 

We were there at 8am and first in line!!!  Which means we were able to score a Jenni The Potter Rhinebeck mug, woo hoo!
Some of the line ups were crazy, like this one at Miss Babs.  But, we were warned, and really spending time in line admiring everyone's selections?  There are worse ways to spend my time.

We met some podcasters as well. Pamela and I went to the podcaster meet up where we met TheKnitGirllls, Diane from Knitabulls, and Aimee and Darren from Knitting In Circles.  Oh, and Ysolda Teague!  Earlier in the day, I ran into Lisa of Fibernymph (she also does the 90% Knitting podcast) and she was handing out samples of some of her yarn.  This is me with Bashful:)

And of course, there was knitting, lots and lots of knitting.
 I can't wait for next year!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment